For Professional Advisors
In your work as a professional advisor, you value professionalism, integrity and honesty, taking the utmost care when serving your clients. As a nonprofit organization, we share your values and take the same care when it comes to helping our donors plan charitable gifts to the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Please use these tools as you help your clients with their charitable plans, and feel free to contact us for more information or assistance.
Tools for Professional Advisors
Legal Name: The Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama for The University of Alabama at Birmingham
UAB Tax I.D. Number: #63-6005396
UABEF Tax I.D. Number: #63-6155094
Forms, Links and Books
Partner With Us
We understand that gifts to charities such as University of Alabama at Birmingham can be an important part of your clients' overall financial and estate plans. That's why we're committed to working with you to ensure that your clients find the charitable arrangements that best meet their needs. We believe that charitable planning is a process that ideally involves the donor, professional advisors and our gift planning staff—all working together to arrange the best gift possible.
UAB Professional Advisory Council
Sponsored by the Office of Planned Giving, the UAB Professional Advisory Council (PAC) is a group of professionals in fields allied with estate and gift planning (Legal, Accounting, Financial Planning, Asset Management, Life Insurance & Risk Management, Trust Management, Banking, Real Estate and other estate planning professions). Read more
2012 UAB Professional Advisory Council Executive Board Members:
- Roger Brown, Sr. VP Regional Manager, Synovus Trust Co.
- Tanya Shunnara, Attorney at Law, Sirote & Permutt, P.C.
- Carla Gale, VP and Trust Officer, Regions Morgan Keegan Trust
- Laura Wainwright, Vice President, Regions Morgan Keegan Trust
- Ham Poynor, Executive Vice President/Partner, Reliance Financial
- Quint Cook, Sr. VP - Wealth Consultant, Fi-Plan Partners
- Glenn Bridges, CPA, Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg, Moore, P.C.
- Dan Lovell, Commercial Real Estate, Graham & Company
- Bruce Rawls, Attorney at Law, Partner, Burr-Forman LLP
- Tom Armstrong, Sr., Financial Consultant, Merrill Lynch
Diana S. Knight, Partner, Sovereign CPA Group, LLC
PAC Insurance Advisory Committee Members:
- Mike Ballard, Financial Advisor, Alliance Wealth Management Group
- Drew Gearhart, Registered Representative, Mass Mutual Financial Group
- James R. Kent, CLU and Registered Representative, Harlan Partners Inc.
- Angie Sayler, Financial Representative, Northwestern Mutual
- Clay Wheeler, First Vice President, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
|Pictures are Professional Advisory Council and Insurance Advisory Group members at the recent get connected breakfast hosted by the UAB Office of Planned Giving. Members learned how UAB Professor Gary Warner and his students have been tracking down cyber criminals on behalf of local, regional, and national corporations and federal agencies.
Copyright © University of Alabama at Birmingham, All rights reserved.
The information in this website is not intended as legal advice. For legal advice, please consult an attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to income tax apply to federal taxes only. Federal estate tax, state income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.