The Ins and Outs of Estate Taxes
Have you done everything you can to minimize estate taxes? Take our quiz to learn more.
1. In 2012 the federal estate tax is
- C. Applicable for estates worth more than $5.12 million
2. A bypass trust is a way of
3. The marital deduction permits unlimited tax-free gifts
- B. By a married couple to their children
4. Charitable bequests are free of estate tax
- A. Up to 50 percent of adjusted gross income
- B. When made to a QTIP trust
5. Income taxes on retirement plan assets can be generally deferred
- A. Until April 1 of the year after you turn 70 1/2
- B. During your lifetime until funds are withdrawn
- C. If your estate is the beneficiary
6. Gift-splitting is used by married couples to
- A. Double the $13,000 annual exclusion
- B. Divide funds among children
7. Creative estate planning's primary focus is on
- B. Family, life and human values
Copyright © The Stelter Company, All rights reserved.
The information in this publication is not intended as legal advice. For legal advice, please consult an
attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income tax include
federal taxes only. Individual state taxes and/or state law may impact your results.