Named for the year in which UMBC was founded, The 1966 Society recognizes those UMBC supporters who help sustain the University by making planned gifts such as bequests, charitable gift annuities, gifts of property, life insurance, and charitable trusts. Providing ongoing support for UMBC is one of the most important and permanent ways you can ensure that future generations of UMBC students will continue to achieve excellence.
As a member of the society, you will receive:
- Invitations to University events
- Special invitation to an annual event, exclusively for The 1966 Society members
- Subscription to select UMBC publications
- A unique memento for The 1966 Society members
- Opportunity for an annual meeting with your personal campus liaison
- Recognition in the donor honor roll, unless you request your information be kept confidential
- Selected The 1966 Society members will be featured, with their permission, in planned giving articles in various UMBC communications
- Knowledge that you are benefiting UMBC for generations to come
Are you already a member?
If you have included UMBC Foundation in your estate plans but have not made the Foundation aware of your generosity, please fill out a Letter of Intent and return it to us. Thank you for your support!
UMBC Holds Second Annual 1966 Society Dinner
Dr. Freeman Hrabowski hosted the second annual 1966 Society dinner on September 19 in the 4th Floor English Department Conference Room in UMBC’s new Performing Arts and Humanities Building. Read more here.
Copyright © UMBC Foundation, All rights reserved.
The information in this website is not intended as legal advice. For legal advice, please consult an attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to income tax apply to federal taxes only. Federal estate tax, state income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.